Achari Aloo Parantha- Flatbread stuffed with Pickle and Potato
- Preparation time 45 minutes
- Cooking time 6 minutes per paratha
- Makes 6-8 paranthas depending on size of dough balls
- For Dough
- Sher Atta 2 cups
- Salt 1 tbsp or to taste
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Water as required
- Potatoes (medium sized) 4
- Amchur powder (Dry mango powder) 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
- Red chili (crushed) 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds-Rai (Crushed) ½ tsp
- Nigella seeds-Kalonji ½ tsp
- Fennel seeds-Sounf (crushed) 1 tsp
- Curry leaves (chopped) 1 tbsp
- Green coriander (chopped) 3 tbsp
- Green chili (chopped) 3
- Mixed pickle (chopped) 1 tbsp
- Salt ½ tbsp or to taste
Ghee for frying
Take Sher Atta in a bowl, add salt, desi ghee and knead the dough soft with water. Cover and allow it to rest for half an hour.
Take water in a pot and boil potatoes with covered lid until tender. Remove potato skin and mash it.
Add amchur powder, turmeric powder, crushed red chili, crushed mustard seeds, fennel seeds, nigella seeds, chopped curry leaves, green coriander, green chili, mixed pickle, and salt. Mix the spices well into mashed potatoes.
Make small balls from the dough of equal size. Roll the two balls flat of same size and place the pickle & potato mixture between these, seal the edges and roll it flat.
Heat the tawa on medium heat and place the rolled parantha on it. Let it cook lightly from one side then add desi ghee and turn over for frying. Fry until go
Serve hot with plain yogurt, mint sauce, tamarind sauce or pickle.